Pick Me Up Cacao Bliss Balls
Indulge in a little choccy pick me up with these Cacao Bliss Balls. Packed with nutrients, this on the go snack is a must have for mothers. And hey while you’re at it, the guideline below is also great to experiment with for toddlers. But always check for nut sensitivities first. Coconut Flour is a possible alternative to the Almond Meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes.
- Yield: 16 blissful Cacao Bliss Balls.
- Bonus: No cooking required. Meaning no fuss… niente, nada, ništa!
Moving on, let’s begin to overflow with some chocolatey love!
- 1 cup Activated Almonds. (If you decide to make this for your toddler(s), please check for nut allergies first! As mentioned prior, Coconut Flour is an alternative).
- 2 tbsp raw Cacao Powder. Check out Keith’s Cacao, here!
- 4 Medjool Dates. This acts as a natural sweetener.
- 2 ripe Bananas.
- 3 tbsp Coconut Butter.
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds.
- 2 tbsp filtered water.
- 1 tbsp organic raw honey – as a bonus sweetener, only if desired. Check out Phoenix Lifeforce, here!
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add the Activated Almonds to a high speed blender. Pulse until they form a crumb.
- Remove seeds from Medjool Dates.
- Add all ingredients to the blender. Process until it forms a creamy consistency.
- Adults only option: 1 tsp Medicinal Mushrooms of your choice. Hint: why not give some adaptogenic Reishi a try from Superfeast.
5. Scoop mixture and roll into balls. Not sure what size? Well, let’s say not quite a tennis ball in size… rather, more like a golf ball.
6. Remember, the above makes about 16 (golf sized) balls.
7. Option: Roll in desiccated coconut to coat.
8. Leave in fridge for approximately 3 hours. Or, set in the freezer for a faster turnaround time. Pronto!
9. Transfer to a reusable silicone bag.
For some more nutrient dense goodies, click here.